A juried exhibition in partnership between CoPA, Haggerty Museum of Art and Prime Digital Media
Submission Deadline: June 17, 2016
Jurors: Lynne Shumow and Daniel Herro, from the Haggerty Museum of Art
Opening: July 22, 2016
Exhibition location will be announced soon!
Winning entries (15 total) will be printed, generously, by Prime Digital Media
Transformation (noun), a thorough or dramatic change in form or appearance; a metamorphosis, renewal, revolution.
Transformation, the theme of our upcoming juried exhibition, is perfect for the times as CoPA strives to fulfill its mission as a leading voice in photographic excellence. Our city is working hard to reinvent itself, and as individual photographers we endeavor to move outside our comfort nucleus–to transform the way we interpret subjects.
Participants are encouraged to create work ranging from conceptual to purely visual, and to work in a variety of stylistic approaches, from photojournalism to landscape to studio work and beyond. We encourage photographers to push themselves, and take their work to a place they have not yet discovered.
The theme of transformation comes full circle when 15 selected entries will be taken from digital form and printed on fine art photographic paper by Prime Digital Media (PDM), mounted and ready for display.
Exhibition location details coming soon.
Fill out entry form below
- entries due June 17 (CoPA will electronically deliver all entries to Haggerty on June 20.)
- open to members only
- 1 photo entry free
- up to 3 photo entries for $25
- winners will be notified on July 6
- File format: photos must be in JPG format.
- Color mode: photos must either be color (RGB) or black-and-white (grayscale) or a combination of color and black-and-white.
- Cropping: crop photos as desired for competition. ALL photographs will be printed 16″ x 20″ or 20″ x 16″. Use borders if your piece does not fit the criteria so that your work fits the parameters.
- Image size: photos must be no more than 2000 pixels in the long direction and have an image size no larger than 2MB.
- Metadata: photos must have the name of its creator, and a caption, entered in the document info for the image.
Winners must deliver high rez images to CoPA by July 8. Detailed instructions will be given in the notification.
- The 15 photographers who have been juried in will deliver high rez files to CoPA by Friday July 8th, 5P or a runner-up will replace your entry for delivery to PDM.
- Color mode: photos must either be Adobe ’98 color (RGB). Images may be color or black and white in RGB. No grayscale – PDM can only print in RGB.
- File format: photos must be in .tiff or jpeg format submitted through PDM ArtDrop Upload; see attached.
- Image size: file must be a minimum of 300dpi.
- File Name & Metadata: add “CoPA” to the front of your File name. Add previously submitted Metadata (name of creator & caption) in the Notes section.
- Cropping: photos must be submitted to printer exactly as they were entered.