Let the Bollocks begin!
Support the Bollocks!
First generate an artist statement, then create a photograph to go with it. How you translate the statement into photography is entirely up to you. You are the artist, you decide.
What is CoPA?
CoPA is a fine arts photography organization that provides members with the tools, resources and experiences to become better photographers. Through Milwaukee photo exhibitions, annual juried events, an impressive speaker series, exciting workshops, portfolio reviews and so much more, CoPA inspires each member to take their work to the next level.
Photographs have the power to change the world. We will help you tell those stories.
Why do I want to join?
- Perhaps you like photography…a lot. And you’re pretty good at it. Maybe not great but every now and then…BAM…and given the right opportunity you could up your game to a new level.
- That’s where we come in. We’re the Coalition of Photographic Arts. Each word here is important. As a Coalition we are a collection of amateur and professional photographers, mostly in the metro-Milwaukee area.
- Obviously we are photographers, but the level of expertise varies as much as our equipment…from Hasselblad to Smart Phone.
- And the focus (pun intended) is on Art. And as is often stated, “Art is in the eye of the beholder.” So our “art” varies from landscapes to portraits, abstracts to collages. You never know WHAT a judge will like, and we should know, because we have quite a few gallery exhibits a year.
- Back to the thought of upping your game… We have monthly meetings where a good percentage of our 150 plus members attend to hear an incredibly enlightening speaker. And we offer workshops that range from Adobe Lightroom, to how to light a portrait….even how to sell your work.
- And we’re not expensive. Membership is only $65 a year. And cheaper if you’re a student. (Free…that’s a lot cheaper.)
- So, you get to meet other people who share a passion for photography, learn ways to improve your craft, enter competitions open ONLY to CoPA members… and have fun. Lots of fun!