In partnership with the Milwaukee Public Library/Central Branch
Wisconsin Waterways: A Celebration
Prizes announced! The WMHS will award a First Place prize of $300, a Second Place prize of $200 and a Third Place prize of $100. In addition there will be two Honorable Mentions each awarded with a signed copy of Chris Winters’ gorgeous book Schooner Days. CoPA will award a Board favorite with a one year CoPA membership extension.
Whether you shoot frozen water or prefer to set up your camera on the shores of Lake Michigan or any of our glorious waterways on a balmy August day, the Wisconsin Waterways exhibition competition is right around the corner. Discovery World marine photographer and author Chris Winters and the Wisconsin Marine Historical Society’s president, Carl Eisenberg, will select 24 images for an exhibition at the Milwaukee Public Library Central Branch opening with a reception on September 11, 2018. (The show will run until October 7, 2018)
Photography that celebrates Wisconsin waterways can be biologic, landscape, recreational in nature, macro, abstract or portrait. It may include lakes both Great and small, rivers, streams and canals. Work can reflect any of the seasons and all times of the day and night.
Submissions will be open to CoPA members and members of the Wisconsin Marine Historical Society only. There will be a $15 entry fee for up to three submissions or you may enter one piece free of charge.
- Submissions CLOSE – Friday, August 10 11:59PM
- CoPA and Wisconsin Marine Historical Society members may enter up to three pieces each for a total of $15, or they may enter one piece at no charge.
- Pieces may not exceed 24″ wide x 36″ high framed.
- Framed images must be framed in clean, plain white or black frames. If matted, mats must be clean white. No exceptions. You may print professionally on other surfaces, such as aluminum, canvas, linens and woods.
- Pieces must be wired for hanging. (No saw tooth hangers.)
- Notifications: Photographers will be notified by August 22 – pending jury response due to entry submission adjusted date
- Photographers selected for the exhibit will be notified when and where to deliver and pick up their work.
NOTE: Ignore “Add to Cart” buttons – scroll down to fill in Info – ONLY the “Submit” button will work, it’s at the bottom of the Info & Upload shtuff.
“Add to Cart” is ONLY relevant after you have uploaded (3) submissions – I’ve made a note there when to use it.