In partnership with the Milwaukee Public Library/Central Branch
Wisconsin Waterways: A Celebration
Whether you shoot frozen water or prefer to set up your camera on the shores of Lake Michigan or any of our glorious waterways on a balmy August day, the Wisconsin Waterways exhibition competition is right around the corner. Discovery World marine photographer and author Chris Winters and the Wisconsin Marine Historical Society’s president, Carl Eisenberg, will select 24 images for an exhibition at the Milwaukee Public Library Central Branch opening with a reception on September 11, 2018. (The show will run until October 7, 2018)
Photography that celebrates Wisconsin waterways can be biologic, landscape, recreational in nature, macro, abstract or portrait. It may include lakes both Great and small, rivers, streams and canals. Work can reflect any of the seasons and all times of the day and night.
Submissions will be open to CoPA members and members of the Wisconsin Marine Historical Society only. There will be a $15 entry fee for up to three submissions or you may enter one piece free of charge.
There will be a cash Grand Prize TBD, a Wisconsin Marine Historical Society Board Prize TBD, a CoPA Board Prize TBD, two honorable mentions; a one year WMHS membership and a one year CoPA membership and a special Jury Prize TBD. Check back for more details in the coming weeks.
Start planning your submissions now!
Here’s a great article at digital photography school about camera maintenance and care during the beachy, windy, sandy summer days.
- Submissions will open July 23, 2018.
- CoPA and Wisconsin Marine Historical Society members may enter up to three pieces each for a total of $15, or they may enter one piece at no charge.
- Pieces may not exceed 24″ wide x 36″ high framed.
- Framed images must be framed in clean, plain white or black frames. If matted, mats must be clean white. No exceptions. You may print professionally on other surfaces, such as aluminum, canvas, linens and woods.
- Pieces must be wired for hanging. (No saw tooth hangers.)
- August 16 Notifications
- Delivery of work to Milwaukee Public Library Central Branch TBD (either September 6 & 7 or September 8 & 9)
- September 11: Exhibit opens at the Milwaukee Public Library with a Reception and Awards Presentation
- October 7: Exhibit ends
- October 8 & 9 Pick up work at Milwaukee Public Library (times TBD)