Submissions Open Through October 31, 11P | Free
Menomonee Valley Partners (MVP) and the Coalition of Photographic Arts (CoPA) in Milwaukee hosted a virtual workshop to help emerging and established artists hone their skills and start taking photographs instead of snapshots! Did you miss the workshop? No problem, click here to review our slide show; it’s not as entertaining as the online workshop was, but, you can cover the basics!
Even if you missed the virtual class, if you still made your way down to Three Bridges Park or anywhere in the Menomonee River Valley to and snapped some fabulous images, we’d love to see them!
CoPA & Valley Week collaborators will vote on their favorites and 2 photographers will be awarded a 1 year CoPA membership! Photos of the park will also help Menomonee Valley Partners continue to share the story of the area-once a railyard, then a vacant property, now a bustling park with trail and river access!
Here are the finer details, PLEASE READ, it’s important you follow these instructions so that we can find you with info for the exhibition and prizes!
- Review the slide presentation for tips on framing and cropping.
- RENAME you image per our guidelines and SAVE it to your computer BEFORE you upload it to the submission form! Once uploaded, your image will be separated from your Form, and this is the quickest way for us to find you, and answer any questions you or others may have. We need to give credit where it’s due!
- ONLY .jpg or .jpeg (no JPG2000) images will be accepted by the Form for upload
- Size Limits: limit them to 72dpi, no larger than 1200 pixels on the longest side for safest web publishing. Unfortunately, we do not have the staff to complete this process for you, and you are solely responsible for the content and specifications of your image. If you need guidance on how to do this, run a web search for: Your Image Program photo resizing. Example: Mac Photo Image Resize. YouTube has some great tutorials, as well.
- Rights & Permissions – by submitting your images to this exhibition and competition, you grant all rights and permissions to CoPA and MVP to use your image(s) for this virtual exhibition and potential promotion in print and online. Sale of any image will be conducted by request and fully involve you.
Submissions for this exhibition are currently closed. Please email Exhibits@CoPAMilwaukee.com with questions.