Montage by Guntis “Gunner” Lauzums, copyright 2017
PIGMENTS OF IMAGINATION: CoPA at ArtBar
A CoPA Member Exhibition curated by Don Krause/ArtBar
It’s time to boldly go where no photographer has gone before; with vibrant hues, saturated color, stark contrasts and wild juxtapositions.
Submissions for the summer 2017 exhibition at ArtBar are open! This is a great opportunity to shoot something new, something bold and daring, colorful and evocative, experimental, psychedelic, interpretive and completely fresh.
Don Krause is looking for work that will jump off the walls and grab people by the eyeballs. It can be figurative, abstract, landscape, heavily filtered, multiple exposures, layered, collaged—you name it. Just make it bold, beautiful and colorful!
- Submissions are open now!
- Submissions close – Sunday, June 25, 11:59PM
- Notification Friday, June 30 (or sooner)
- Delivery to Art Bar no later than Monday, July 17, 9PM
- Exhibition opens Gallery Night July 21, 5PM
- Exhibition closes August 31
- Pick up between September 1 and 5PM September 4. (Pieces not picked up by then will be donated to charity.)
- Maximum 5 pieces per CoPA member
- Print Size Minimum: 8×10″, 10×8″
- Print Size Maximum: 24×36″, 36×24″
- Gallery ready prints: May be printed on paper or any suitable material all framing is acceptable as long as it is clean and professional metal, wood, or plexi prints do NOT require a frame, but must be wired for hanging – no hooks, eyes, or loops.
Diptych & Triptych prints ok, max size of all three pieces 24×36 / 36×24 when edge-to-edge; images will be spaced when hung.
- Pricing: ArtBar will receive 20% commission. Historically pieces have been priced $60 – $390 with the majority of sales falling between $125 – $200. Recalling our talk from Catherine Davidson last month, keep pricing consistent with other public and private sales.
- Include the following information WITH your submission for EACH piece:
Title of Piece
Sale price (framed or unframed)
1-sentence artist’s statement, attached as Word doc or other writing app
SUBMIT YOUR WORK:
Images should be no larger than 1000px in either direction, and no greater than 2MB each. Click the Dropbox to upload your submissions and artist statement.
BE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR NAME, IMAGE TITLE, SIZE FRAMED AND SALE PRICE (framed or unframed) and ARTIST’S STATEMENT.