2021 ANNUAL CoPA MEMBERS ART*BAR JURIED EXHIBITION:
Opening Reception: Friday, July 16| 5:30 PM
Comments and awards | 8:30 PM
A picture is a secret about a secret, the more it tells you the less you know.
– Diane Arbus
Don Krause, curator and owner of ArtBar, has issued the following challenge for the 2021 CoPA+Art*Bar returning summer exhibition: Simplicity.
This past year we cut away a lot of frills and excesses in our daily lives; elements which seemed so integral and necessary revealed themselves to be expendable while we hunkered down with the basics. We began to develop more of an appreciation for the simple things in life. How do we tell a visual story about simplicity? That is the task.
Simplicity – Art*Bar
July 16, 2021 – September 1, 2021
Opening Reception: Friday, July 16, 2021 | 5:30 P
Comments and Awards | 8:30 P
Friday, April 9 I 12A
ENTRY DEADLINE – EXTENDED
Sunday, May 30th 11P Sunday, June 6th I 11P
Artists will be notified by Monday, June 7th via email and there will be notifications on this page. These are the only forms of notification if you were juried into the exhibition.
Don’s Grand prize: $100 – Don’s favorite piece from the show.
CoPA Board prize: One year CoPA membership or extension. Winner selected by the CoPA Board and participating members.
People’s Choice Award: $100 bar tab at Art*Bar – New this year, selections will be made by patrons between 3P and 8P opening night and awarded at 9P.
Fee: $10 for up to 5 entries
How to Submit to CoPA+Art*Bar 2021 Exhibition
- You must be a CoPA member to participate in this exhibition.
- By submitting to this exhibiton / competition you agree to meet the exhibition criteria as laid out below, and to be responsible for delivery and collection of your work within the allowed dates.
- You MUST follow the naming convention for submission; any submission not meeting this requirement will be disqualified from competition and all fees forfeit. Read the above linked document (in blue) for instructions. (Example: RWelker_Simplicity_Moving Day.)
- Limit your image size to 1200px on the longest side; images larger than this will be disqualified without notice and all fees forfeit.
- JPEG / JPG files only, please. No other file type will be accepted.
NOTE: You MUST be logged in to view the submission form at the bottom of this page.
Artists accepted into this exhibition are responsible for their work(s) being delivered to and collected from the Art*Bar during the following dates and times:
722 E. Burleigh St. Milwaukee, WI 53211
Friday, July 9th, through Monday, July 12th
Monday & Friday delivery hours: 3P – 9P
Saturday & Sunday delivery hours: 12P – 5P
Art*Bar Opens at 3pm daily (12P on weekends). Deliveries will be accepted between 3P and 9P on Friday July 9th and Monday, July 12th, and between 12P and 5P on Saturday, July 10th and Sunday, July 11th. Any work not received by Monday, July 12th at 9P will neither be exhibited nor awarded and all fees forfeit. Keep in mind that this is a social establishment, and later hours of delivery are a challenge for the staff to accept. Art*Bar appreciates your consideration in this matter.
PICK UP DATES
Thursday, September 2nd, through Sunday, September 5th
Thursday & Friday from 3P to 5P
Saturday & Sunday from 12P to 5P
If you can not retrieve your work at this time please make arrangements to have your work picked up by someone else. Any unclaimed artwork will be collected by Erin and incur a storage fee.
DELIVERY OF ARTWORK
CoPA and Art*Bar are not responsible for damage or theft of artwork while in transit. Work will be inspected at time of check in. Artists are responsible for delivery of the artwork to the Art*Bar and for collecting artwork from the Art*Bar in person or by proxy.
Art*Bar receives a 20% commission from the sale of artwork. Please include information for each piece that reflects whether an item is for sale or not for sale (NFS). Please include your preferred contact info for public inquiries (i.e. gallery representation or personal email and/or phone number) for your gallery tag.
FRAMING GUIDELINES FOR ARTWORK EXHIBITED
All artwork submitted for exhibition shall adhere to the following framing guidelines. Failure to do so may impact participation in the exhibition. Art*Bar is a bar. Safety and security of works and patrons is paramount.
- Glass or plexi are preferable if artwork is covered. The product should be of sufficient thickness to prevent visible warping or waving. If glass is broken upon arrival, new glass will be fitted and the artist billed for cost of glass.
- All framed works shall be securely fitted within their frames.
- All mats are to be clean and white in color.
- No plastic poster frames.
- All framed works are to be wired for hanging. No sawtooth hangers. No fishing line. No D-rings.
- Hanging wires are to be no closer than 2” to the top of the framed when pulled taut.
- Wires are not to be attached to the clips that are holding the back of the frame together, but should have their own support attached to the frame and not the picture backing. Taping or gluing the wire to the frame or board is insufficient.
- CoPA and the Art Bar are not responsible for pieces that are damaged due to improper hanging hardware or poor craftsmanship.
- If framed, images must be framed in clean, plain white or black frames. If matted, mats must be clean white. No exceptions. You may print professionally on other surfaces, such as aluminum, canvas, linens and woods.
Please direct all inquiries to email@example.com.