CoPA + Black Box Fund Photography Competition
Join CoPA in celebrating the whimsical, healing and joyful power of 22 large swallows by Cracking Art installed in Lakeshore State Park. Cracking Art’s installation REbirth is at the heart of Black Box Fund’s summer Out of the Box series, six weeks of performances, walks, hands-on activities and other surprising cultural gatherings, all free to the public.
CoPA invites all photographers to interpret the Cracking Art swallows through their own lens.
CoPA will award:
- $100 for Best Photo Non-CoPA Member
- $100 for Best Photo CoPA Member
- $100 for Best Photo High School or College Student
All submitted works will be included in an on-line Virtual Exhibition.
Reception, Comments and Awards: Sunday, August 1, | 11:00 AM by the Cracking Art birds
Sunrise Over Swallows, Pam Ferderbar
HOW TO ENTER
ENTRIES OPEN Sunday, June 20 I 12P
ENTRIES DEADLINE Sunday, July 18 I 11P
CoPA Member Best Photo: $100
Non-CoPA Member Best Photo: $100
Student Best Photo: $100
Please read the linked document below before you review the submission info.
- Cost: Free!
- Entries are open to the public.
- By submitting to this awarded exhibiton you agree to meet the exhibition criteria as laid out below, and attest that you made and own the rights of publication to the image(s) you submit.
- By submitting to this awarded exhibition you grant license for CoPA, Black Box Fund, and affiliates to employ your image for the purposes of promotion and exhibiton in all forms of media.
- You MUST follow the naming convention for submission; any submission not meeting this requirement will be unidentifiable and disqualified from selections without notice. Read the above linked document (in blue) for instructions. (Example: PFerderbar_ComeFly_Sunrise Over Sparrows.)
- Limit your image size to 1200px on the longest side; images larger than this will be disqualified.
- JPEG / JPG files only, please. No other file type will be accepted.
NOTE: CoPA Members must be logged in to view the CoPA Submission form. No prizes will be awarded to CoPA members submitting outside of this category.
Artists may visit this page on July 30th to view selected images juried in to this exhibiton. No direct notification will be sent to selectees.
Award winners will be announced at the Black Box Fund Out of the Box event in Lakeshore State Park on August 1, 2021, at 11:00 AM, and will be announced on this webpage on August 2, 2021.
CoPA On-site event: Up Your Insta Game
CoPA will share a few pointers for photographing the artwork in the 30-minute workshop, “Up Your Insta Game” at 5 PM on June 29 at Lakeshore State Park on the shores of Lake Michigan in Milwaukee. Meet us at the bird sculptures just over the footbridge on the north side of Lakeshore State Park.
CoPA photographers will be on hand from 5pm-9pm to answer questions and lend their expertise.
Please direct all inquiries to email@example.com.
CoPA Members Submission Form
You must be logged in to view this submission form.
CoPA Non-Members Submission Form
Students Submission Form