What is CoPA?
CoPA is a fine arts photography organization that provides members with the tools, resources and experiences to become better photographers. Through Milwaukee photo exhibitions, annual juried events, an impressive speaker series, exciting workshops, portfolio reviews and so much more, CoPA inspires each member to take their work to the next level.
Photographs have the power to change the world. We will help you tell those stories.
Why do I want to join?
- Perhaps you like photography…a lot. And you’re pretty good at it. Maybe not great but every now and then…BAM…and given the right opportunity you could up your game to a new level.
- That’s where we come in. We’re the Coalition of Photographic Arts. Each word here is important. As a Coalition we are a collection of amateur and professional photographers, mostly in the metro-Milwaukee area.
- Obviously we are photographers, but the level of expertise varies as much as our equipment…from Hasselblad to Smart Phone.
- And the focus (pun intended) is on Art. And as is often stated, “Art is in the eye of the beholder.” So our “art” varies from landscapes to portraits, abstracts to collages. You never know WHAT a judge will like, and we should know, because we have quite a few gallery exhibits a year.
- Back to the thought of upping your game… We have monthly meetings where a good percentage of our 150 plus members attend to hear an incredibly enlightening speaker. And we offer workshops that range from Adobe Lightroom, to how to light a portrait….even how to sell your work.
- And we’re not expensive. Membership is only $65 a year. And cheaper if you’re a student. (Free…that’s a lot cheaper.)
- So, you get to meet other people who share a passion for photography, learn ways to improve your craft, enter competitions open ONLY to CoPA members… and have fun. Lots of fun!
Workshop: Lightroom 101 – Image Management and Organization
February 25 – Morning
In this CoPA Workshop, we will take a deep dive into Lightroom’s Library module and learn how to use best practices of Digital Asset Management to organize your entire image library.
Workshop: Lightroom 102 – Crafting Beautiful Images
February 25 – Afternoon
In addition to Lightroom providing extensive Image Management and Organization features, it also serves as your digital darkroom for processing and refining your images. Using the Develop Module, you’re able to enhance your images far beyond what your camera can achieve alone.